Version 3.6?

Let it all hang out

Version 3.6?

PostPosted by Schummy » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:28 pm

I saw the 3.6 version as an exe instead of a zip, with a change in the number system, and I didn't see any news about 3.6. I downloaded it just to investigate and my antivirus was angry about it.

Is 3.6 legitimate??

Schummy

PostPosted by forummaster » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:51 pm

{144.352}Schummy wrote:
{144.352}Schummy wrote:

I saw the 3.6 version as an exe instead of a zip, with a change in the number system, and I didn't see any news about 3.6. I downloaded it just to investigate and my antivirus was angry about it.
Is 3.6 legitimate??

Yes, it is legit. There is a slight change in wording on the downloads page to reflect the new exe file format in addition to the earlier zip file format. The change is to use a small installer instead of just saying unzip and run. Later on, I'll implement a more extensive installer that handles registry entries as well as provides an uninstaller.

The numbering system also changed to use the rightmost number as the compile # which shifted over the other parts dropping the leading zero.

The installer I use is shipped with Windows (iexpress), so I would expect any AV program to know about it. Which AV program do you use, and what did it say about the installer?
forummaster

Return to Open Discussion