Previous command?

Don't hold back

Previous command?

PostPosted by ericfoxx » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:28 am

When working in standard (calculator) mode, I would love to be able to recall my previous command. This kind of functionality was made famous in the Dyalog youtube videos -- particularly the Game of Life and Solving a Sudoku Puzzle. Does NARS2000 have this ability via a simple key combination? It would speed up my APLing quite dramatically! I've combed the documentation and other sources to no avail. Thanks!
ericfoxx

Re: Previous command?

PostPosted by forummaster » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:11 am

That's a good idea. APL+Win uses F9 for this. I'm busy with anonymous functions at the moment, but I'll put it on the list.

Thanks for the suggestion.
forummaster

Re: Previous command?

PostPosted by Robert Wallick » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:01 pm

For what it's worth: "Previous command" was and remains - a super idea! It would be helpful to have a drop-down list with say the last 1-20 commands typed in, including function edits - and be able to choose one of those last n commands to run again. In addition to a Windows PC, I use a Microsoft Surface tablet and <right-double-clicking> a function name on that tablet is difficult if not impossible - so having a drop down list, including function edits would be very helpful.

As I mentioned in a previous forum post, I am open to helping on [non-APL and APL] programming tasks, but someone would best point me to generally, even theoretically, where in the voluminous code to start looking or working. Also, I wish the NARS2000 APL source code HTML page(s) had a "search code" or "search for keywords" feature.
Robert Wallick

Return to Open Discussion