ODBC Interface

ODBC Interface

PostPosted by blake » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:06 am

Greetings,

The people at GNU APL added an interface to a couple of SQL databases. This made it trivial to add a component file system and a keyed file system. Having a keyed file system, or at least a component file system, is utterly vital in making APL usable in a business software environment. APL is unusable in many environments without a file system.

I know NARS2000 had some low level access to the file system added some time ago. I looked at it. It is sufficient to create a component file system and/or a keyed file system, but the amount of work would have been quite substantial. That interface is too low level.

If an interface to ODBC, for example, could be added, I think we'd find ourselves in a situation in which finally adding a component file system and keyed file system to NARS2000 would be achievable. Being the author of the keyed file system and component file system for GNU APL, I would love to do the same thing for NARS2000.

Thanks.

Blake McBride
blake

Re: ODBC Interface

PostPosted by forummaster » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:14 am

This sounds very interesting. Can you point me to some documentation in GNU APL or elsewhere as to the interface so I can implement it?
forummaster

Re: ODBC Interface

PostPosted by blake » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:14 am

In spite of its name, it supports PostgreSQL & SQLite. It works real well!

https://github.com/lokedhs/apl-sqlite
blake

Return to File Systems