(1) Del editor (2) Document .ws.nars format?

Don't hold back

(1) Del editor (2) Document .ws.nars format?

PostPosted by FreeTrav » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:16 pm

I was very happy to find NARS2000 as a low-cost (free!) Windows-compatible APL interpreter. I had played with APL briefly <mumble> years ago in college, and liked it. This was in the pre-Windows days, naturally, and at that time, the only editor is what's now being called the "del editor". Old habits die hard, and I'd really like to be able to use the del editor, or at the very least, display-but-not-edit a function by typing {del}fname[{quad}]{del}.

Also, I've been having quite the devil of a time attempting (but not yet succeeding) porting workspaces from other APLs to NARS2000 - most of my efforts have been based around Dyalog 13.0 Unicode, but occasionally dipping in to I-APL or APL*PLUS/PC (APLSE) via DOSBOX. The problem I'm having is that for some reason, NARS invariably hits an error while attempting to import an ATF file, and I haven't been able to get any other portable-format-manipulating workspace into NARS. I'm tearing out my hair, and ready to write an external program to convert one or another 'portable' formats to a NARS2000 workspace - but while I can see that it's entirely textual, I don't quite understand what's actually going on in the workspace file. Any pointers to doping this out?
FreeTrav

Re: (1) Del editor (2) Document .ws.nars format?

PostPosted by forummaster » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:58 am

Sorry for the delay in responding. I'd very much like to see an example of such a .atf file for which NARS2000 errors on import. Please send it to bsmith@sudleyplace.com.
forummaster

Return to Open Discussion