Getting Started

If only the compiler did what I wanted it to do...

Getting Started

PostPosted by forummaster » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:19 pm

{3.300}yamagoya wrote:
{3.300}yamagoya wrote:
I just checked out the source code and tried build and also ran into the MPIR/MPFR problem so I too could use some guidance or updated build instructions.  Don't mean to be pushy or anything, I know there is not enough hours in a day...

Please take a look at the new documentation in wiki.nars2000.org/index.php/Building_An_Executable and please let me know if I missed anything.

Sorry it took me so long as I had to build a new clean test machine in order to test out the instructions.
forummaster

Getting Started

PostPosted by fausap » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:06 am

{3.303}forummaster wrote:
{3.303}forummaster wrote:
{3.300}yamagoya wrote:
{3.300}yamagoya wrote:
I just checked out the source code and tried build and also ran into the MPIR/MPFR problem so I too could use some guidance or updated build instructions. Don't mean to be pushy or anything, I know there is not enough hours in a day...

Please take a look at the new documentation in wiki.nars2000.org/index.php/Building_An_Executable and please let me know if I missed anything.

Sorry it took me so long as I had to build a new clean test machine in order to test out the instructions.

Hello I'm trying to compile but I have this error:
NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make 'RETND32mp.pro'

I'm updating the makefile.src in order to exclude the missing files.

At the moment, mp.c, prime_files.c, smallfact.c, squfof.c, tinyqs.c are missing from trunk tree.

thanks,
Fausto

fausap

Getting Started

PostPosted by forummaster » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:59 pm

{3.320}fausap wrote:
{3.320}fausap wrote:
At the moment, mp.c, prime_files.c, smallfact.c, squfof.c, tinyqs.c are missing from trunk tree.

Those files are found in the msieve directory. See the section Check out the source code for where to get the source code for the msieve routines.

Oh, I see the problem. It looks like I omitted how to get that code if you are not using a SVN client — I've changed the documentation to include those instructions. Thanks for mentioning it.

Please let me know if you have any other problems, as well as when you succeed!
forummaster

Getting Started

PostPosted by fausap » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:42 am

{3.321}forummaster wrote:
{3.320}fausap wrote:
{3.320}fausap wrote:

Those files are found in the msieve directory. See the section Check out the source code for where to get the source code for the msieve routines.

Oh, I see the problem. It looks like I omitted how to get that code if you are not using a SVN client — I've changed the documentation to include those instructions. Thanks for mentioning it.

Now it's ok. thanks

I have a problem during compiling because an option has been set about treating warning as errors.

.mpfns.c(357) : error C2220: warning treated as error - no 'object' file generated
.mpfns.c(357) : warning C4013: 'mpz_init_set_sx' undefined; assuming extern returning int
.mpfns.c(681) : warning C4013: 'mpz_get_sx' undefined; assuming extern returning int
.mpfns.c(771) : warning C4013: 'mpz_set_sx' undefined; assuming extern returning int
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'V:VCbincl.exe' : return code '0x2'

I suppose those warning are harmless, can you confirm that ?

Now, i'm removing that option in order to continue the compiling process.

thanks,

Fausto

fausap

Getting Started

PostPosted by fausap » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:54 am

{3.324}fausap wrote:
{3.324}fausap wrote:
{3.320}fausap wrote:
{3.320}fausap wrote:

Now it's ok. thanks
I have a problem during compiling because an option has been set about treating warning as errors.
.mpfns.c(357) : error C2220: warning treated as error - no 'object' file generated
.mpfns.c(357) : warning C4013: 'mpz_init_set_sx' undefined; assuming extern returning int
.mpfns.c(681) : warning C4013: 'mpz_get_sx' undefined; assuming extern returning int
.mpfns.c(771) : warning C4013: 'mpz_set_sx' undefined; assuming extern returning int
thanks,
Fausto

Ok... I got a serious error

.primes.h(278) : error C2054: expected '(' to follow 'EXTERN'
.primes.h(282) : error C2085: 'NthPrimeInc' : not in formal parameter list
.primes.h(284) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'EXTERN'
.primes.h(301) : error C2054: expected '(' to follow 'EXTERN'
.primes.h(325) : error C2085: 'NthPowerTab' : not in formal parameter list
.primes.h(327) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'EXTERN'
.primes.h(338) : error C2054: expected '(' to follow 'EXTERN'
.primes.h(363) : error C2085: 'NumPowerTab' : not in formal parameter list
C:apl2000msievesmallfact.c(22) : error C2085: 'pd_max' : not in formal parameter list
C:apl2000msievesmallfact.c(22) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '='

I'll try to recreate the cvs tree, maybe there's some update to the sources.

Keep you in touch...

Regards,

Fausto

fausap

Getting Started

PostPosted by forummaster » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:09 am

{3.325}fausap wrote:
{3.325}fausap wrote:

{3.324}fausap wrote:
{3.324}fausap wrote:
{3.320}fausap wrote:
{3.320}fausap wrote:

Now it's ok. thanks
thanks,
Fausto

C:apl2000msievesmallfact.c(22) : error C2085: 'pd_max' : not in formal parameter list
C:apl2000msievesmallfact.c(22) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '='

None of these errors is your fault. I'm away from home for a few more days and will fix this when I return on Wednesday. Sorry for the trouble.
forummaster

Getting Started

PostPosted by fausap » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:08 am

{3.326}forummaster wrote:
{3.326}forummaster wrote:
{3.325}fausap wrote:
{3.325}fausap wrote:

{3.324}fausap wrote:
{3.324}fausap wrote:
{3.320}fausap wrote:
{3.320}fausap wrote:

Now it's ok. thanks
thanks,
Fausto

None of these errors is your fault. I'm away from home for a few more days and will fix this when I return on Wednesday. Sorry for the trouble.

Hello I noticed you updated the devel packages in the download page. Unfortunately, mplibs.zip seems to be corrupted, so please could you check it ?

thanks

Fausto

fausap

Getting Started

PostPosted by forummaster » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:33 am

{3.329}fausap wrote:
{3.329}fausap wrote:
Hello I noticed you updated the devel packages in the download page. Unfortunately, mplibs.zip seems to be corrupted, so please could you check it ?

Sorry for the trouble, but I'm puzzled. I used 7-Zip to create the zip files which I can download and then display (under both Win7/64 and WinXP/32) from either Windows Explorer or from the command line via start mplibs.zip. Tell me more about the sequence of steps you use including OS and your unzip utility.
forummaster

Getting Started

PostPosted by fausap » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:01 am

{3.330}forummaster wrote:
{3.329}fausap wrote:
{3.329}fausap wrote:

Sorry for the trouble, but I'm puzzled. I used 7-Zip to create the zip files which I can download and then display (under both Win7/64 and WinXP/32) from either Windows Explorer or from the command line via start mplibs.zip. Tell me more about the sequence of steps you use including OS and your unzip utility.

I'm using Windows XP and I tried with the standard unzip program (embedded in Windows Explorer) and 7-Zip

7-Zip says I have some CRC error in some files:

config.h

gmp-impl.h

gmp-mparam.h

gmp.h

longlong.h

longlong_pre.h

mpir.h

mpirxx.h

randmt.h

It says File is broken.

I'll try to download it again... maybe our proxy has some probs during the previous download, but I tried already two times.

Fausto

fausap

Getting Started

PostPosted by fausap » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:05 am

{3.331}fausap wrote:
{3.331}fausap wrote:
{3.329}fausap wrote:
{3.329}fausap wrote:

I'm using Windows XP and I tried with the standard unzip program (embedded in Windows Explorer) and 7-Zip
7-Zip says I have some CRC error in some files:
config.h
gmp-impl.h
gmp-mparam.h
gmp.h
longlong.h
longlong_pre.h
mpir.h
mpirxx.h
randmt.h
It says File is broken.
I'll try to download it again... maybe our proxy has some probs during the previous download, but I tried already two times.
Fausto

No way... I downloaded it again, but under Windows XP 32-bit it seems to be corrupted...

fausap

PreviousNext

Return to Building The Executable