Getting Started

If only the compiler did what I wanted it to do...

Getting Started

PostPosted by forummaster » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:56 pm

{3.332}fausap wrote:
{3.332}fausap wrote:

{3.331}fausap wrote:
{3.331}fausap wrote:
{3.330}forummaster wrote:
{3.330}forummaster wrote:
{3.329}fausap wrote:
{3.329}fausap wrote:
Hello I noticed you updated the devel packages in the download page. Unfortunately, mplibs.zip seems to be corrupted, so please could you check it ?

Sorry for the trouble, but I'm puzzled. I used 7-Zip to create the zip files which I can download and then display (under both Win7/64 and WinXP/32) from either Windows Explorer or from the command line via start mplibs.zip. Tell me more about the sequence of steps you use including OS and your unzip utility.

I'm using Windows XP and I tried with the standard unzip program (embedded in Windows Explorer) and 7-Zip
7-Zip says I have some CRC error in some files:
config.h
gmp-impl.h
gmp-mparam.h
gmp.h
longlong.h
longlong_pre.h
mpir.h
mpirxx.h
randmt.h
It says File is broken.
I'll try to download it again... maybe our proxy has some probs during the previous download, but I tried already two times.
Fausto
 

No way... I downloaded it again, but under Windows XP 32-bit it seems to be corrupted...

I see the problem. Those files were symlinks to the actual files which, it appears, 7-Zip doesn't handle well. Please try it again.
forummaster
 
Posts: 555
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:00 pm

Getting Started

PostPosted by fausap » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:56 am

{3.333}forummaster wrote:
{3.333}forummaster wrote:
{3.332}fausap wrote:
{3.332}fausap wrote:

{3.331}fausap wrote:
{3.331}fausap wrote:
{3.330}forummaster wrote:
{3.330}forummaster wrote:
{3.329}fausap wrote:
{3.329}fausap wrote:
Hello I noticed you updated the devel packages in the download page. Unfortunately, mplibs.zip seems to be corrupted, so please could you check it ?

Sorry for the trouble, but I'm puzzled. I used 7-Zip to create the zip files which I can download and then display (under both Win7/64 and WinXP/32) from either Windows Explorer or from the command line via start mplibs.zip. Tell me more about the sequence of steps you use including OS and your unzip utility.

I'm using Windows XP and I tried with the standard unzip program (embedded in Windows Explorer) and 7-Zip
7-Zip says I have some CRC error in some files:
config.h
gmp-impl.h
gmp-mparam.h
gmp.h
longlong.h
longlong_pre.h
mpir.h
mpirxx.h
randmt.h
It says File is broken.
I'll try to download it again... maybe our proxy has some probs during the previous download, but I tried already two times.
Fausto

No way... I downloaded it again, but under Windows XP 32-bit it seems to be corrupted...

I see the problem. Those files were symlinks to the actual files which, it appears, 7-Zip doesn't handle well. Please try it again.


Now it's ok. Thanks. I'm starting again the compiling process. I'll post the results asap.


Fausto

fausap
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:13 pm

Getting Started

PostPosted by fausap » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:09 am

{3.334}fausap wrote:
{3.333}forummaster wrote: [quote]
{3.332}fausap wrote: [quote]
Now it's ok. Thanks. I'm starting again the compiling process. I'll post the results asap.
Fausto


I have always the same problem:


smallfact.c
.primes.h(278) : error C2054: expected '(' to follow 'EXTERN'
.primes.h(282) : error C2085: 'NthPrimeInc' : not in formal parameter list
.primes.h(284) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'EXTERN'
.primes.h(301) : error C2054: expected '(' to follow 'EXTERN'
.primes.h(325) : error C2085: 'NthPowerTab' : not in formal parameter list
.primes.h(327) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'EXTERN'
.primes.h(338) : error C2054: expected '(' to follow 'EXTERN'
.primes.h(363) : error C2085: 'NumPowerTab' : not in formal parameter list
R:NARS2000msievesmallfact.c(22) : error C2085: 'pd_max' : not in formal parameter list
R:NARS2000msievesmallfact.c(22) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '='
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'V:VCbincl.exe' : return code '0x2'


I run "mkn del" in order to clean everything, so I started from the scratch with "mkn" (I'm using the command line).


I also updated the CVS tree, the trunk and msieve directories. msieve has no updates though.


My Visual Studio is 2010 version and SDK is 7.0A


Fausto

fausap
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:13 pm

Getting Started

PostPosted by forummaster » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:33 pm

{3.335}fausap wrote:
{3.335}fausap wrote:

{3.334}fausap wrote:
{3.334}fausap wrote:
{3.333}forummaster wrote:
{3.333}forummaster wrote:
{3.332}fausap wrote:
{3.332}fausap wrote:

Now it's ok. Thanks. I'm starting again the compiling process. I'll post the results asap.
Fausto
I have always the same problem:

smallfact.c
.primes.h(278) : error C2054: expected '(' to follow 'EXTERN'
.primes.h(282) : error C2085: 'NthPrimeInc' : not in formal parameter list
.primes.h(284) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'EXTERN'
.primes.h(301) : error C2054: expected '(' to follow 'EXTERN'
.primes.h(325) : error C2085: 'NthPowerTab' : not in formal parameter list
.primes.h(327) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'EXTERN'
.primes.h(338) : error C2054: expected '(' to follow 'EXTERN'
.primes.h(363) : error C2085: 'NumPowerTab' : not in formal parameter list
R:NARS2000msievesmallfact.c(22) : error C2085: 'pd_max' : not in formal parameter list
R:NARS2000msievesmallfact.c(22) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '='
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'V:VCbincl.exe' : return code '0x2'

I run "mkn del" in order to clean everything, so I started from the scratch with "mkn" (I'm using the command line).

I also updated the CVS tree, the trunk and msieve directories. msieve has no updates though.

My Visual Studio is 2010 version and SDK is 7.0A

Got it -- please update the msieve directory and try again. So sorry for the tortuous path to building.
forummaster
 
Posts: 555
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:00 pm

Getting Started

PostPosted by fausap » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:05 am

{3.336}forummaster wrote:
{3.336}forummaster wrote:
{3.335}fausap wrote:
{3.335}fausap wrote:

{3.334}fausap wrote:
{3.334}fausap wrote:
{3.333}forummaster wrote:
{3.333}forummaster wrote:
{3.332}fausap wrote:
{3.332}fausap wrote:

Now it's ok. Thanks. I'm starting again the compiling process. I'll post the results asap.
Fausto
I have always the same problem:

smallfact.c
.primes.h(278) : error C2054: expected '(' to follow 'EXTERN'
.primes.h(282) : error C2085: 'NthPrimeInc' : not in formal parameter list
.primes.h(284) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'EXTERN'
.primes.h(301) : error C2054: expected '(' to follow 'EXTERN'
.primes.h(325) : error C2085: 'NthPowerTab' : not in formal parameter list
.primes.h(327) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'EXTERN'
.primes.h(338) : error C2054: expected '(' to follow 'EXTERN'
.primes.h(363) : error C2085: 'NumPowerTab' : not in formal parameter list
R:NARS2000msievesmallfact.c(22) : error C2085: 'pd_max' : not in formal parameter list
R:NARS2000msievesmallfact.c(22) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '='
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'V:VCbincl.exe' : return code '0x2'

I run "mkn del" in order to clean everything, so I started from the scratch with "mkn" (I'm using the command line).

I also updated the CVS tree, the trunk and msieve directories. msieve has no updates though.

My Visual Studio is 2010 version and SDK is 7.0A

Got it -- please update the msieve directory and try again. So sorry for the tortuous path to building.


Now it's ok. The exe runs pretty well


Thank you!

fausap
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:13 pm

Getting Started

PostPosted by forummaster » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:49 am

{3.339}fausap wrote:
{3.339}fausap wrote:
[...]
Now it's ok. The exe runs pretty well

Excellent!

Also, note that there is a new mplibs.zip to accompany the latest build which introduces an additional method of factoring large numbers.

Do you have plans for features you'd like to put in? If you are looking for ideas, I can supply some.
forummaster
 
Posts: 555
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:00 pm

Re: Getting Started

PostPosted by Robert Wallick » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:13 pm

As of mid June 2015, NARS was in the process of updating the compiler used from Visual Studio 2008 to Visual Studio 2013 - to create NARS2000.exe, both 32 and 64-bit versions. This update was in many ways a major cyclical software upgrade. It means using newer software technology, 5 years more recent, as well as newer programming standards. Ultimately it will mean opening NARS to improved programming possibilities, expanded horizons.

The compiled NARS executable encapsulates over a quarter million lines of previously debugged software source code, to create the highly evolved APL user experience and interface of today.

Since programming standards frequently get stricter over time, a higher building code and developmentally evolved structural coding set of standards if you will, converting NARS code to run and then run correctly with the new compiler is not expected to be an overtly simple task, but as someone who is directly helping on the task, I can say it is extraordinarily interesting, even breathtakingly fascinating.

APL was born back in the 1960's. It is now over fifty years later. En francais, vive les idiomes APL. En español, larga vida a los modismos APL. In English, long live the APL idioms. In programming that translates to, long live NARS source code. APL was invented by at least one genius or several, depending on one's point of view. It now represents shared genius.

Innovator Thomas Edison indicated genius is 5% inspiration and 95% perspiration. His maxim still holds true today.

Best wishes to anyone past, present or future, using or involved with NARS, APL, APL2, nested arrays, including the entire freeware community, Bob Smith and colleagues. Without several free software packages, NARS might not in existence or be at best a small subset of what it represents today.

As of July 5, 2015 the conversion to using Visual Studio 2013 from Visual Studio 2008 is substantially or entirely complete. A new NARS Beta release (version 0.4.10.1) for both 32-bit and 64-bit versions is available for download at http://www.nars2000.org/download/Download.html. There are several fixes as well as a new Quad T system function, for advanced APL program timing/stopwatch purposes.

We all owe a huge thank you to Bob Smith for his efforts, leadership and substantial time. Without Bob's efforts, free NARS APL would be impossible.

Robert Wallick
Robert Wallick
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:35 pm

Previous

Return to Building The Executable

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron