clearing the session manager

Let it all hang out

Re: clearing the session manager

PostPosted by drab » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:19 am

Also, slots for editing panels could be re-used when old editing panels are closed. That way, they won't keep getting cascaded lower and lower even wwhen there are no panels still open.
drab

PostPosted by forummaster » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:46 pm

Those are interesting ideas I'll add to the ToDo list. At the moment, I rely upon the default behavior of Windows Multiple Document Interface (MDI) classes. All of their defaults are modifiable, but at this point I just don't have the time to design and implement these ideas. If you know of people who are knowledgeable in this area, I'd be delighted to work with them.
forummaster

PostPosted by drab » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:58 pm

One more thing about changing workspaces ...

When you load another ws, you nicely fixed the new tab so it properly shows the name of the new ws that you've loaded.

But in the old tab the )load command is still there, and it is very misleading, because it falsely says you're in a different ws.

Same with )clear.
drab

PostPosted by forummaster » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:48 pm

drab wrote:One more thing about changing workspaces ...

When you load another ws, you nicely fixed the new tab so it properly shows the name of the new ws that you've loaded.

But in the old tab the )load command is still there, and it is very misleading, because it falsely says you're in a different ws.

Same with )clear.

I'm unsure if in the old tab you are referring to the title of the Tab or the contents of the Tab. If the latter, I don't see why it should be misleading because the old tab IS in a different ws. Each tab represents a workspace that you created via )[X]LOAD or )CLEAR.

I'm sorry if I have misunderstood your point -- if so, please explain it another way.
forummaster

Previous

Return to Open Discussion