Why Win32?

Don't hold back

Why Win32?

PostPosted by blake » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:34 pm

Greetings,

NARS200 is fantastic! Just found out about it. It's surprises me that it took this long to get a decent APL in open source. APL, as a language, is having a hard enough time out there without the community being so closed. APL has been held closed while everything else has opened up. NARS2000 may be the only hope APL has. Thanks!

I'd like to see the GUI re-written in a portable API such as wxWidgets. This would allow native use on all platforms.

The other possibility, for the short term, is to re-compile NARS2000 with WINE rather than running a Windows EXE under other platforms.

Thanks a lot!

Blake McBride

blake

Execute Alternate

PostPosted by forummaster » Thu May 13, 2010 4:09 pm

{70.164}blake wrote:
{70.164}blake wrote:
NARS200 is fantastic!  Just found out about it.  It's surprises me that it took this long to get a decent APL in open source.  APL, as a language, is having a hard enough time out there without the community being so closed.  APL has been held closed while everything else has opened up.  NARS2000 may be the only hope APL has.  Thanks!

I'd like to see the GUI re-written in a portable API such as wxWidgets.  This would allow native use on all platforms.

The other possibility, for the short term, is to re-compile NARS2000 with WINE rather than running a Windows EXE under other platforms.

Win32 was always just a start. I knew that translation layers such as Wine were available to allow NARS2000 to be ported to Linux and possibly Mac OS platforms, but I had to start with some platform, and was most familiar with Windows, so that's why that platform.

However, I really could use some developer help to implement some of the many great suggestions.
forummaster

Return to Open Discussion